Ladies and gentlemen, mark your calendars and prepare yourselves for the most anticipated fashion-related event, drumrolls … Paris Fashion Week that is going to take place from February 28 till March 8. For those who don’t know what Paris Fashion Week is, it is basically a series of gorgeous designer presentations held semiannually in Paris, France including spring/summer and autumn/winter events that are held each year.
- Since the inception of the first-ever fashion week in 1973, fashion designers, bloggers, models, reporters, and fashion enthusiasts from all over the world come to Paris to witness ready-to-wear and haute couture shows that are held twice a year for the spring/summer and autumn/winter seasons.
- Moreover, every year, famous brands like Chanel, Dior, Louis Vuitton, and Givenchy host their shows in historical places such as the Carrousel du Louvre and the Grand Palais.
- Paris Fashion Week events are divided into three categories: Menswear, Haute Couture and Ready-to-wear.
- One of the main requirements for designers to participate in the PFW is to create a minimum of 35 looks per year that must include both day and evening wear.
- The fashion week includes more than 100 shows that feature top fashion houses, such as Chanel, Christian Dior, and Yves Saint Laurent, as well as lesser-known designers.
- The financial impact of the PFW on the French capital is estimated to be €400 million, excluding sales in stores.
- Celebrities dress in their finest attire to attend the PFW, sitting at the front row of every show. Some of these celebrities include:
- Paris Fashion Week is all about fashion, lifestyle, and Haute Couture! While the pandemic may have affected several industries around the world, fashion labels are still able to get more creative with their runway and video presentations, which was evident at 2021 Fashion Week.
That said, we’ll take you on a special tour to the highlights of 2021 Fashion Week and some of our favorite designers’ looks: